As it so happens, the same weekend our cast list went out, we also solidified our design ensemble. Our designers are also a wide range of ages and backgrounds, and we are officially international! One or our two sound designers will be doing her work from South Korea, the other from Southern Oregon, and our Choreographer is flying in from California!
The web grows.
Now, we jump into the good stuff. Here's what we have on our to-do list:
1. Discuss music for dance sequences with Logan & Cinthia (our sound designers)
2. Ask Julie (our choreographer) to create outline for Netherfield dance scene
3. Ask Kensie (our costume designer) to share her sketches of costumes
4. Ask Kelly (our lighting designer) to share her inspiration images of lighting
5. Meet with Michael (our set designer) to discuss his presentation of set ideas at first table-read
6. Write out the order of events for our first table-read (Next Wednesday!)
7. Figure out how to fit 20 people in our living room for table-read.
There's a lot more but I won't fill your head with all my mumbo-jumbo (just some) :).
On top of all this stuff for Pride & Prejudice, Jordan and I have been making some headway on what our next project(s) will be!
Here's a hint: Our next show involves 4 actors, a super cut-up script, and a rose...
On the day we remind ourselves to #spreadthelove (ie, Valentines Day), ye shall check your email inbox and then ye shall be in-the-know. And we will bring some love to ye! Here, here! Check it out!
CREATIONS? WHAT CREATIONS?
Two big things happening at the moment:
1. I continue to paraphrase "Pride & Prejudice" (and I'm probably making Jane turn in her grave...sorry Jane!). Check out the latest chapter, released TODAY: "Chapter 8: Planet Netherfield (narrated by David Attenborough)"
2. #enso4you began January 1st, 2016 and continues to fulfill and frustrate me. For anyone that isn't clued-in, #enso4you is my journey to create an enso-a-day for the people, places and things that inspire me creatively. My first update has been posted! Check it out!
3. And finally, a new creation project will be starting up soon, called Darcy Dub!! Can't say too much more on that yet, but I promise hilarity, Colin Firth and lip-dubbing (No Colin Firth was actually used or harmed in the making of Darcy Dub).
Thank you, as always, for everyone's continued support! We got good stuff in the making.
Now back to work.
P.S. You can see the cast & design team here: www.ensotheatre.com/shows. Yay!
Caitlin Lushington is the Co-Artistic Director of the Enso Theatre Ensemble, a teacher, director, and actress. Sometimes she works too hard, sometimes she forgets things, and she strives to put the car keys back in the same place every time. She drinks tea every morning from her TARDIS mug and "Mr. Tea" diffuser. She loves the morning and wishes she had a photographic memory, so she could remember the names of every person she meets.