Storytelling with Word Elf!
A storytelling & literacy summer camp for ages 4-6
We are very excited to announce our upcoming collaboration with The Homestead Schoolhouse! Our summer camp will be offered alongside their own fantastic camps for kids.
Join Caitlin and her magical friend, the Word Elf (an invisible Elf that LOVES words!) on a journey to learn new words, new storytelling forms and new adventures! Each morning we'll travel to The Magical World of Fan, where we'll discover clues left by the Word Elf that introduce storytelling games and activities. Storytelling forms include red-nose Clowning, movement and improvisation. At the end of each day, the Word Elf brings students a Word of the Day. The Word of the Day activity page encourages students to practice writing their Word, identify their word in a story, and includes an interactive activity. At the end of the camp, students will present a Showcase of the stories they've created and the games they've learned to family and friends.
DATES: July 24-July 28, 2017
TIMES: 9a-1pm, Monday- Friday
LOCATION: The Homestead Schoolhouse
Registration information coming soon! Contact Caitlin Lushington at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
WHILE YOU WAIT...
Visit these local amenities!
- Otto's Sausage Kitchen and Meat Market- Longtime German deli with sidewalk picnic tables selling homemade sausages, hot dogs & sandwiches.
- Tom-Yum Thai Cuisine - Simple neighborhood standby for noodles, curries, wontons, pad Thai, soup & other Thai eats
- Cloud City Ice Cream - Handmade ice-cream comes in many unique flavors at this strip-mall parlor with sidewalk tables
- Woodstock Park - Site offering play equipment, horseshoe pits, picnic areas & a dog park, plus sports facilities.
- Blue Kangaroo Coffee Roasters - Kid-friendly neighborhood hangout for artisanal coffee, specialty sips, pastries & a welcoming vibe.
- Papaccino's - Bright neighborhood coffee shop with a contemporary feel & outside tables serving espresso & snacks.
- Woodstock Library